Join as Rituals' Financial Controller Germany: Where Your Financial Acumen Impacts Global Wellness. As Financial Controller, you'll lead in our dynamic market, blending financial expertise with our passion for enhancing everyday rituals.
Functie omschrijvingAs Financial Controller for Germany at Rituals, you will lead the financial closing and reporting in our most dynamic market. Working alongside the Country Director and Business Control, your role involves providing key financial insights and ensuring data clarity. You'll be an essential part of the Eastern Europe team, based in our HQ in Amsterdam alongside two other controllers and a manager, and a broader Financial Control team of 15 FTE. Your focus will be on analysing and optimizing operational procedures for efficiency and compliance and developing scalable financial solutions. This position offers a clear path for growth, with opportunities to take on additional projects and responsibilities that contribute to the Rituals' future expansion plans.
Key responsibilities are:
- Lead the month-end and year-end financial closing, working in tandem with accounting assistants responsible for journal entries.
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting and business reviews alongside the Country Director.
- Take charge of complex financial analyses.
- Play a crucial role in preparing local statutory financial statements, overseeing tax compliance in collaboration with regional advisors.
- Engage in detailed analytical reviews of the P&L and balance sheet, maintaining close contact with local staff.
- Investigate financial variances and ensure the accuracy of financial data.
- Proactively address variances and ad hoc financial issues.
- BSc/MSc (Accounting/Finance);
- Min. 5 years of relevant working experience (controller, audit, etc.) in an international environment;
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about building teams and creating structure;
- Strong communicator with good influencing skills;
- Skilled in building bridges and fostering international relationships;
- Good knowledge of English and German;
- Proven ability to work in a complex, entrepreneurial organization.
Rituals, founded in 2000 in Amsterdam, is a global brand in the wellness industry, active in over 33 countries with 807 stores and 2700 shop-in-shops. The company celebrates 'the art of soulful living' and operates in retail, wholesale, e-commerce, and the travel sector. In 2020, Rituals opened its first flagship store, House of Rituals, in Amsterdam, a unique location featuring exclusive collections, a restaurant, and a spa.
The company focuses on personal growth and job satisfaction, seeking passionate and driven employees. Emphasizing meaning and strong performance, Rituals offers a dynamic, inclusive work environment and aims for global growth and strengthening its community.
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- 100% travel allowance for public transport;
- A MacBook and iPhone;
- An annual bonus based on business goals;
- Opportunities for continuous self-development through training and courses;
- 20% discount on Rituals products.
Sjouke van der Made