This is your change to start in as Senior Financial Controller in a challenging and international environment! ING is looking for an ambitious financial with a background in financial or regulatory reporting background.
As Senior Financial Controller at ING Group Finance you will work in a dynamic and internationally oriented finance team at ING’s Head Office. Group Finance is the corporate staff department responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. Within Group Finance, Regulatory Reporting is responsible for all group-wide reporting to both the ECB and DNB, maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the regulators, as well as owner of the related processes and data. The department consists of a reporting team that is responsible for preparing the standard regulatory reports, a team that takes care of ad-hoc requests and several specialists that focus on requirement setting and process management. The latter report directly to the Global Head of Regulatory Reporting.
The Senior Financial Controller will be part of the team responsible for all consolidated regulatory reporting. This will include:
- Responsible for executing of the reporting process;
- Preparing draft reports and is first point of contact for delivering parties;
- Preparing consolidated analytical reviews (both per report and across reports);
- Explaining financial developments and responding to questions of internal and external stakeholders;
- Representing ING to regulators and responding to regular operational questions.
- Higher education within finance (MSc);
- 5 - 10 years working experience within the banking sector, preferably in the area of (regulatory) reporting or in the accounting profession (Big 4);
- Experience in the area of financial reporting and you are familiar with IFRS and regulatory requirements (Basel III, CRR);
- Able to analyse large amounts of data and put outcomes in a wider perspective;
- Positive mind-set and a can-do mentality;
- A pro-active attitude and ability to operate in a demanding and changing environment;
- Drive, commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm are essential;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
ING is a leading international bank at the forefront of technological innovation and digitalisation within the industry. Change, renewal and transformation have been the DNA with one single goal to deliver the best customer experience. In 2016, ING launched the Accelerating Think Forward strategy by investing c. EUR 800 million in digital transformation in order to further improve customer experience and accelerate growth in primary customers and lending. In addition, these investments lead to c. EUR 900 million annual cost savings by 2021. ING is working towards a platform banking structure in which clients are experiencing identical levels of service in every unit, country and product. This will have an enormous impact on the organisation, with an emphasis on operations and technology. ING offers you an informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best. They do so with a progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
- A reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions.