Are you ready to fully use your advanced professional knowledge and skills in accounting? Then have a look at this interesting Senior Accounting Specialist position at Kinross. As Senior Accounting Specialist you will be analysing and advising within an international oriented environment.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accounting Specialist to oversee general accounting operations in the most accurate way. The ideal candidate has experience in international and stock listed companies. He or she is experienced in working in high internal and external operation standards. Designing and developing processes, practices and methodologies in accounting are key purposes in this role. The main areas the candidate will cover are to account activities related to gold trading, internal accounting, to analyse internal financial results for use in management decision making and to communicate information related to cost analyses and internal financial statements.
In this role you will be closely involved in gold trading and furthermore:
- Responsible for all activities related to accounting and reporting of 15 entities;
- Analyze internal financial results for use in management decision making;
- Effectively communicate in response to inquiries from accounting manager or directors regarding financial results and special reporting requests;
- Independently prepare and coordinate the execution of month, quarter and year end procedures for each legal entity under this role's supervision;
- Prepare journals and account for all entries in General Ledger based on input from invoices, transaction documentation, payroll provider, management of the Company and other relevant sources (work closely with AP Accountant to account for AP subledger entries);
- Prepare and analyse intercompany invoices, various management reports and account reconciliations and ensures the accurate and timely reporting of all monthly financial information;
- Oversee cash flow management;
- Prepare internal financial statements and segment reports;
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics;
At least 5 years of relevant working experience in (international) accounting;
Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills;
Senior level of communication;
Fluent in English;
Dutch is an advantage;
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
Experience in JD Edwards is an advantage.
Founded in 1993, Kinross is a senior gold mining company with a diverse portfolio of mines and projects in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Ghana, Mauritania, and Russia. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Kinross employs approximately 9,000 people worldwide. The Company is focused on delivering value through operational excellence, balance sheet strength, disciplined growth, and responsible mining.
Base salary up to € 65.000;Excellent secondary benefits (including pension plan);Travel allowance (no company car provided).