Are you a Senior Accounting & Reporting Specialist with ambition and are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have a degree (BSc/ MSc) in finance, preferably with a CPA-/RA qualification? Do you have experience in the Big4 and (preferably) do you have experience in an Accounting & Reporting-role within a large (international) organization? Then this is your chance!
Functie omschrijvingFor our client we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and flexible Senior Accounting & Reporting Specialist. In this role you need to take ownership of the general ledger and be the sparring partner of the finance team regarding accounting and reporting issues. You have strong analytical skills and you are solution-oriented. As a Senior Accounting & Reporting Specialist you are independent, but you also enjoy working together in a team. You are used to working under pressure and getting things done. You also enjoy working in an informal and international setting.
In your role as Senior Accounting & Reporting Specialist you will report to the Manager Corporate Accounting & Reporting. The entire finance team currently consists of 20 people, the team you will be part of consists of 3 people. As a Senior Accounting & Reporting Specialist you are responsible for the various accounting and reporting issues within the organization. This role offers various opportunities to further develop yourself internationally.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Perform the End of Month Financial closing processes;
- Twice are year (year-end and half year) including the consolidation of Investments subsidiaries;
- Prepare variance reports for the business including Management Reports;
- Prepare supporting documentation and analyses related to the aforementioned to support the organization internally as well the external auditors;
- Support preparation of financial and management reporting to the head office and the Management team in the Rotterdam region on a monthly basis;
- Support preparation of the Dutch statutory and consolidated Financial Statements of the subsidiaries in conformity with EU-IFRS;
- Review detailed procedures and guidelines, these include conducting review of company finance and accounting guidelines and office manual;
- Enforce procedure compliance throughout the European organization and coordinate internal and external audits on behalf of the Finance Division;
- Support the Governance, Risk and Compliance throughout the European organization.
- You have a Bachelor / Master degree, preferably with a Post Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics;
- You have at least 10 years of relevant work experience (accounting and finance) in an internationally oriented company;
- It is an advantage if you have a background at a Big-four or have worked at the head office of a large (international) company;
- You are superb in accounting and reporting;
- You have experience with SAP and with MS office packages, in particular Excel;
- Good command of the English and Dutch language.
Our client is a world leader in it’s branche. The offices in Europe support the parent company group through various activities. The European head office is located in the Rotterdam region.
- Gross salary € 85,000 - € 95,000, including (incl. 13th month = bonus);
- Every second Friday => ‘Friday off’ => 90%;
- Good pension scheme;
- Good other secondary employment conditions;
- 25 Holidays.