For Interxion, a fast growing, US-listed company in the data center industry, we are recruiting for an experienced Manager Financial Reporting (“MFR”). The ideal candidate is qualified RA/CPA and a specialist in Financial Reporting, IFRS and process improvement. Do you have Big4 experience and looking for an new challenge? Please check the vacancy below.
The Manager Financial Reporting (MFR) will be a member of the reporting team with a focus on technical accounting and SOX-compliance at Group level. The MFR is directly responsible for managing the preparation of the company's internal and external reporting as well as assuring compliance with accounting rules and financial regulations. The MFR will lead the monthly, quarterly and year-end internal and external IFRS based reporting.
In addition, this role is responsible for ensuring that the company implements and complies with new IFRS accounting pronouncements as well as ensuring that proper and effective internal controls exist to mitigate reporting risks. Finally the manager has a key role in improving the finance organization and processes and in ensuring that the new ERP system that is being implemented, meets all reporting requirements including IFRS-compliant reporting.
The MFR reports to the Director Reporting & Control. The position will interact with all levels of the finance organization and throughout all countries and operating entities. The position is based at the company's HQ in Hoofddorp. Operates autonomously to support and maintain the company’s strategic direction regarding finance and reporting. Works cross-functional and cross-country. Works in close cooperation with local finance teams, HR, Sales, Operations and Legal.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the monthly closing and consolidation process in accordance with IFRS (quality and timeliness)
- Coordinate and manage monthly and quarterly internal reporting process and preparation of:
- Monthly and quarterly internal financial reports;
- Other financial reports and ad hoc data for various stakeholders in the Company
- Coordinate and manage monthly and quarterly/annually external reporting process and preparation of:
- Quarterly interim financial statements and earnings materials;
- Annual reports;
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and prepare information that enables management to be aware of developments with financial impact, to understand those and to anticipate;
- Coordinate and manage parts of the quarterly audit/review process with our external auditors and internal finance organization and manage day-to-day communications with external auditors;
- Ensure that relevant accounting standards are applied appropriately and consistently;
- Drive and improve efficiency in the reporting process;
- Improve and implement processes to ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly internal and external reporting activities are timely and accurate;
- Assist and develop local finance teams in understanding and applying IFRS;
- Contribute to the further roll-out and optimization of the SOX program.
Bachelor/Master diploma in Accounting, and additional ACCA/CA/CPA/RA;
5-8 years of experience with the Big4 and preferably an additional 3 years at an international and dynamic business environment;
External financial reporting experience required, preferably in a listed company environment;
Strong knowledge of and experience with IFRS (including recently issued standards such as IFRS 9, 15 and 16);
Fluent in English - written and orally, able to communicate at executive level;
Problem solving and analytical skills;
Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Interxion (NYSE: INXN) is a leading provider of carrier and cloud-neutral colocation data centre services in Europe, serving a wide range of customers through 52 data centres in 11 European countries. Interxion’s uniformly designed, energy efficient data centres offer customers extensive security and uptime for their mission-critical applications. With over 700 connectivity providers, 21 European Internet exchanges, and most leading cloud and digital media platforms across its footprint, Interxion has created connectivity, cloud, content and finance hubs that foster growing customer communities of interest.
Salary: €85.000 - €95.000;
Great pension scheme;
Among other great secondary benefits.