Interested in ESG, Integrated- and Financial Reporting, this is your chance.
Functie omschrijvingIn your role as Manager Accounting and Reporting you will lead 3 teams; the Dutch Accounting & Reporting team, the German Accounting & Reporting team, and the Financial Systems team (7 FTE in total). The team is part of the Group Control department which also includes the Financial Planning & Analysis department and Global Business Services (SSC and MDM). The Group Control team is on a journey to further develop and increase efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the Company. This journey includes further development of innovative tools like Business Intelligence, Robot Process Automation, etc. In your role, you will have a great responsibility and contribution to these developments.
The role is a key position within the Group Control department and is responsible for managing the financial accounting and reporting activities of the company to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS), corporate policies, ESG reporting, and internal & external audits at the corporate level. You will report to the CFO and you will act as a true sparring partner to the stakeholders both at the corporate and business unit level. The position is based in Boxtel, hybrid working is an option.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage and coach the team and oversee all daily operations of the team;
- Maintain the internal system for CSR reporting and prioritization, including a repository of key ESG metrics;
- Drive, coordinate, and complete the Company’s annual (integrated) report and audit and co-coordinate local statutory audits;
- Provide recommendations to stakeholders involved and ensure improvement of systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions;
- Act as the accounting & ESG expert and business partner to support complex topics and ensure compliance and accuracy of the IFRS & ESG reporting standards;
- Be the true business partner and sparring partner for the business unit finance teams, shared service center, and (finance) management through value-adding analysis and support on finance-related issues;
- Participate in and/or manage ad-hoc finance projects across the organization;
- Manage further improvements to the financial systems and related financial processes;
- Work closely, but independently, with the CFO and other (finance) teams on the further professionalizing and innovating of the finance function.
We are looking for an energetic and innovative Accounting & Reporting Manager with extensive IFRS experience in an (international) corporate environment who likes to drive changes. You believe in your own ability to achieve results and feel responsible to make a significant contribution to the further improvement and optimization of the finance function within a large international organization in a proactive and forward-thinking way.
- Over 10 years of financial business-related experience (preferably in a big-4 audit firm);
- Master or Post Master degree in accounting, RA(CPA) or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS;
- You are well experienced with corporate integrated reporting;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, and organizational skills;
- Strong, independent self–starter, as well as a collaborative problem solver;
- You can drive changes and can easily oversee the total overview of complex topics;
- Ability to multi-task across a range of projects with constantly shifting priorities;
- Your leadership skills are sufficient to organize effective communication within the team and amongst the internal organization and stakeholders;
- You are occasionally expected to travel within the Netherlands and Germany;
- Your Dutch and English are fluent both orally and in writing, while German is a big plus.
Headquartered in Boxtel in the Netherlands, Vion is an international food company with production sites in the Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium and sales support offices and representatives in sixteen countries across the globe. Our Pork, Beef, Food Service, and Retail Business Units produce fresh pork and beef meat, meat products, and plant-based food products for the retail, food service, and meat processing industry. We are positioned at the mid-point of these supply chains, balancing demand and supply, and, together with our chain partners, are driving the transition towards future-proof protein chains. In doing so, we as Vion strive to take a frontrunner position in our industry and provide ‘Food that Matters’ for a world where people enjoy safe and healthy food from sustainable sources.
What can you expect from Vion?
Within Vion, you will have an attractive, versatile, and permanent position, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts, and clear core values. They offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
Sharp, Connected, and Brave. Those are Vion’s core values. They challenge you. They motivate you, they will coach you. To get the best out of yourself and your colleagues, to be distinctive. To develop yourself and to make a difference in the international Vion world. They will give you room to grow. Do you have the guts to give your ambition free rein?
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary: €100.000 - €110.000 per annum;
- An attractive bonus scheme (15%);
- Company car;
- 25 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Hybrid working model;
- The option to participate in a collective health insurance;
- Internal and external training opportunities;
- Fresh fruit and excellent coffee at the office.