We are looking for a Junior Accountant who is highly motivated to join a dynamic Nasdaq listed company called ICU Medical. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related? Do you have at least 1 year of experience within accounting and looking for the next step in your career? Check out this major opportunity to boost your career!
Reporting to the Chief Accountant and working closely with Line Management, other departments and with US headquarters, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for timely, accurate and complete accounting, VAT reporting, preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts. The Junior Accountant is responsible for accounting activities for a number of operating entities in Europe (Netherlands, France, Belgium, UK, Spain and more to come).
- Responsible for day to day accounting activities for multiple operating entities;
- Assist Chief Accountant in monthly/quarterly/yearly closing processes;
- Perform entries in Oracle;
- Assist in preparation of VAT and Intrastat reports for multiple operating entities;
- Assist in different statutory audits and corporate audit;
- Ensure a timely and correct filing of the administrative records;
- Prepare payroll entries for several entities in Oracle;
- Prepare the monthly review of the P&L (evolution of actuals, accrual);
- Support the AP and AR teams on a day-to-day basis and control the accuracy of sub-ledgers entries transferred to GL;
- Support internal sales process as request from sales department;
- Ensures all financial transactions are properly recorded with sufficient documentation to support the business purpose of the transactions;
- Ability to review processes, identify gaps and propose/implement changes.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field;
Fluency in English, any other European language is an advantage;
Solid communication skills and ability to work with different levels in the organization;
Eye for detail, accuracy and ownership;
Solid understanding of accounting flows;
ERP knowledge: Oracle;
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas);
No nine-to-five mentality;
Willing to work in a dynamic/changing and sometimes hectic organization.
ICU Medical is a US based Nasdaq listed company, was founded in 1984 around a newly designed medical connector invented to prevent accidental disconnects. Products have expanded and include the patented Needlefree Connector; patented closed connector; oncology drug preparation and delivery system; and other products serving the oncology, diabetes, vascular and critical care markets. Revenues have increased annually to approximately $1.3 billion with significant anticipated continued growth, potentially including acquisitions (recently ICU Medical purchased the Hospira business from Pfizer, valued at $1 billion).
With the February 2017 acquisition of the Hospira Infusion Systems business from Pfizer, ICU Medical became one of the leading pure-play infusion companies.
The company is headquartered in San Clemente, California and has manufacturing operations in Salt Lake City, Austin Texas, Costa Rica and Mexico.