As Global Business Controller, you act as the proactive strategic partner for the leaders of the assigned (cross)functional teams to enhance business performance, improvement and growth.
As Global Business Controller at Enza Zaden, you will work in a highly innovative and rapidly changing international environment. The Global Business Controller reports to the Global Manager Business Control and is a pro-active business partner for and member of the functional Management Team for Marketing & Sales. In this position, you are actively involved in shaping and implementing the business strategy to drive and enhance business performance. You provide strategic input with a focus on value creation, improvement and growth. Furthermore, you will manage and support the planning & control cycle and conduct and prepare financial analyses. You will support and prepare business cases. Within Enza Zaden you will be challenged to develop yourself and to extend your knowledge and skills. It is key to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with your network. The ideal candidate has a Master-degree, complemented with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in Controlling and Business Partnering. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the right drive and ambition to make a career within this growing company. Main tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the strategy development and implementation thereof;
- Be a pro-active linking-pin between business and function;
- Sparring partner for CFO, Manager Global BC and Functional Management on the financial and business performance of the global function and relevant board members for their responsibilities;
- Create financial business plans for investments and/or long-term contracts;
- Analyze and create monthly performance review & governance cycle;
- Manage and support the planning & control cycle, which includes a best in class reporting, budgeting and forecasting process across regions, countries, business lines, crops and crop segments;
- Give input to periodic review of performance & financial indicators of the global function;
- Contribute to mergers & acquisition processes.
- Master degree in Finance, Business or Economics;
- Post graduate RC or CMA preferred;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in Controlling, Business Partnering positions or managing Senior Stakeholders;
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills;
- Challenge people in the organisation to continuously improve on strategic performance;
- Strong communication skills as exposed to senior people;
- Sensitive to cultural differences;
- Curious, innovative, looking for challenges, self-confident;
- Fluent in English;
- Ambition to challenge yourself and grow within the company.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. They produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. Their goal is to grant people access to healthy vegetables. Anywhere in the world. Every day, more than 460 million people worldwide eat their vegetables. So, they are getting there ... but there is still enough work to be done! Of course, they look further than present needs. In 2050, when there will be about 10 billion inhabitants on our planet, they also want to make sure that people have access to healthy vegetables. To achieve this, their vegetable breeders work with the best that nature offers. Supported by state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. And that is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes at least 6 years. they focus on higher yield, resistance to diseases and pests and climate extremes such as heat and drought. And on taste, shelf life and nutrients. The results? Strong, healthy tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer. In short, sustainability is truly in their DNA. The head office in Enkhuizen is their home base, but they have colleagues all over the world. Enza Zaden is an independent family business, where around 2000 employees from more than 40 nationalities closely work together in international teams.
- Salary: €70.000 - €90.000