Are you the Controller ho will be the financial business partner with in depth knowledge of the global-led functions and supporting the responsible Executive Committee members and their management team in planning, forecasting and delivering their financial results?
As Functional Controller within AkzoNobel you will work in an international leading and fast changing environment. The Functional Controller will be part of high-performance Finance Team that provides full insight into financial performance management of the globally centralized AkzoNobel Functions. You will report directly to the Head of Functional Control and work closely with the Executive Committee and different global stakeholders in the different geographical regions. The Functional Controller provides effective management insights and monitors performance progress and initiates performance improvement actions to deliver the company’s strategy (AN 2015 by 2020). Within this role you are the linking pin between the local/regional finance organization (Global Business Services, Regional FP&A) and corporate finance functions. You will develop plans and actions for functional owners to support their strategic goals. Within AkzoNobel, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to make a (international) career. The ideal candidate has a Master degree in Business Economics ideally combined with a Post Master education (RA or RC) and at least 10 years of relevant working experience. You do have the right drive and ambition to make a career within AkzoNobel. Key Objectives
- Being a financial business partner with in depth knowledge of the global-led functions and supporting the responsible Executive Committee members and their management team in planning, forecasting and delivering their financial results.
- Develop plans and actions with the functional owners to achieve their strategy by supporting them with tactical/strategical modelling and offering a challenging advice. Ensure business risks and opportunities are managed to deliver the best financial outcome.
- A linking pin between the local/regional finance organization (Global Business Services, Regional FP&A) and corporate finance functions. Analyze and report on P&L, Balance Sheet and major projects, as well as set out action to improve the performance of the Finance team as a whole.
- Jointly defines functional goals and deliverables in close collaboration with functional leaders and translates these into a financial strategic plan, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Design and implement functional cost allocation models on a global, regional and local level for managerial and fiscal purposes, ensures transparency is offered in the centralized leverage of the functions towards the business units
- Responsible for functional cost reporting, ensures integrity levels of the reporting of the defined functions and transformations programs from a consistency and quality standpoint of view
- Facilitates insights in (external) benchmark data to support functional target setting and cost agility (discretionary, variable and fixed cost elements)
- Oversee project controlling to track milestones and deliverables, cooperates with project managers in delivering business cases to support investments requests and accurate financial project forecasts
- Participate in cross-functional improvement programs such as the Finance Transformation, ERP implementations etc.
- Ensure accounting compliancy by recognizing complex topics (e.g. in contracts) and liaise with Group Reporting on proper recognition
- Creates an environment enabling team members to develop themselves by challenging them, supporting them and provide regular feedback their targets and competences
Complexity of the role is driven by:
- New non-existing BU structure and centralized global-led functions in combination with an ongoing finance transformation and high pressure on delivering the 15-by-20 strategy
- Stakeholder management on different levels, from supporting ExCo members in financial strategic planning to building a global, regional and local network of cross-functional stakeholders
University degree in Economics or equivalent. MBA or RA/RC degree is considered plus.
10 years working experience in different financial functions
Proven track record to have bottom line OPI impact
Sound understanding of key systems (HFM, SAP)
Understanding of accounting principles
Strong analytical skills, business sensitivity / affinity
Interest in working with cross functional and cross cultural teams
Fluent in English, verbal and written
Experienced people manager Skills:
Oversees the big picture, whilst also understanding the lower granularity
Ability to structure and standardize high volumes of activities
Proven self-starter / problem solver / implementer
Result driven, ‘Getting it done’ mentality
Team player, also in complex-matrix organisation and cross-functional teams
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
High integrity and committed to the AkzoNobel values
Flexibility is key
AkzoNobel AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people’s lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are present around the globe, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Flexa, Sikkens and Alabastine. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Base salary between €90.000 - €110.000 Bonus Holidays Pension Good career opportunities