Ideal step for candidates who like to oversee the whole scope of finance (Accounting, Reporting, Credit Control and Business Control) and work closely with the CFO. Experience with fast growing International environments.
As Financial Director at Basic Fit you work in a very fast growing and dynamic company, which is now expanding rapidly internationally. The Financial Director reports to the CFO and directs the Finance Management Team of 4 people and o total finance team of 40 FTEs. Within Basic Fit you fulfill a key position in further shaping the (international) finance department, calculating Business Cases (acquisitions, mergers, investments) and further developing financial & business related reports. By advising stakeholders on a solicited and unsolicited basis you make an active contribution to decision-making at a tactical and strategic level. At Basic Fit, you are challenged to take initiative, continuously improve on strategic performance and develop yourself broadly. You will be leading and initiating various projects and business cases. The ideal candidate has a Master's degree, possibly supplemented with an RA or RC degree and at least 10 years of relevant work experience. Experience with building teams, setting up international finance structures and rapidly growing environments are considered a plus. The right drive, ambition and energy level to contribute to the further growth and professionalization of the company is a requirement.
Task and responsibilities
- Calculating and co-shaping the strategy of the organization;
- Act as strategic sparring partner for CEO and CFO and other MT members;
- Managing Tax & Reporting, Business Control & Analytics, Financial Control & Administration and Treasury;
- Preparing long-term financial forecasts;
- Proactively contribute to the improvement of various processes and the further professionalization of the financial department;
- Responsible for the internal and external reports prepared by the Finance teams;
- Managing the organization in the financial field (including organizational and administrative parts);
- Preparing Business Cases for investments, acquisitions and integration thereof;
- Explore and set up new business units;
- Design of the internal and external reports about the financial results of the company;
- Identifying, mapping and reducing internal and external risks;
- Managing the cash flows and cash flow management.
Master's degree in Finance, Business or Economics, possibly supplemented with an RA or RC degree;
At least 10 years of relevant work experience in Controlling, Business Partnering positions or managing Senior Stakeholders;
Proven track record in building teams, setting up international structures;
Experience in strongly growing environments or Private Equity owned business is a plus;
Proactive, high energy level and ability to work at different levels;
Fluent in English, French is considered a plus;
Strong and entrepreneurial personality;
Experience with fast-growing companies is an advantage.
With 1.7 million members and over 560 clubs, Basic-Fit is the European market leader in the value-for-money fitness market. Basic-Fit believe that everyone deserves to be fit and that’s why their mission is to make fitness accessible to everyone. The company is active in some of Europe's most attractive markets: the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. With around 3,500 employees, they operate a straightforward membership model, offering uncomplicated, essential and effective fitness experiences that are both affordable and easy to access for everyone. Building on their longstanding expertise, they combine a flexible low-cost membership model with high-quality fitness equipment and technology, virtual and live group lessons and shareable family passes. Basic-Fit’s vision is to have one Basic-Fit pass on every kitchen table, in every home across Europe. Each membership format offers unlimited use of all of our clubs across Europe for a fixed membership fee starting at very interesting price for the customers. Their fitness clubs are spacious and clean and have extended opening hours, with some clubs open 24 hours a day. They also offer day-passes, which give one-off access to the clubs. They believe that by offering this unique “value for money” proposition Basic-Fit is responding to the essential fitness needs of active people who care about being fit and healthy.
Salary between €125.000 - €150.000;
LTIP after a certain period;
Basic-Fit membership, gym on premises.