Are you a passionate (financial) controller and do you think it is important to be socially committed? Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment with colleagues spread across Europe, Africa and Asia? Are you passionate about accounting and do you enjoy working with ad-hoc analyzes? Then this is the right job for you!
Functie omschrijvingFor Terre des Hommes we are looking for an enthusiastic, quality driven and flexible Financial Controller. You enjoy being challenged and you are used to working under pressure and getting things done. As a Financial Controller you have strong analytical skills and you are solution-oriented. You also enjoy working in an informal and international setting.
In your role as Financial Controller you will report to the Head of Finance and ICT. The assistant controller and the finance officer will report directly to you. As a Financial Controller you are responsible for the various accounting, controlling and reporting issues within the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare financial reports and statements including the annual accounts;
- Monitor and assess cash flows, asset management and solvency in relation to the equity and forecasted cash flows;
- Consolidation of the financial administration of our 9 country offices in Africa and Asia;
- Financial control of the 40+ Terre des Hommes vintage shops;
- Internal control management: the systems as well as the organizational culture geared towards quality, transparency and ‘do as we say’;
- Design, implement and control administrative and accounting guidelines;
- Support compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements;
- Leading contact for external audits;
- Support to the business controller and project monitoring where necessary;
- Managing ad-hoc requests from the Head of Finance & ICT.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree degree in Accounting, Finance & Control, Business Administration, Economics;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience (accounting and finance) in a similar function;
- It is an advantage if you have a background at a NGO or have worked in a multinational project oriented organization;
- Experience with preparing statutory accounts (NGOs), as well as financial information and narrative reports for different audiences;
- You are advanced in accounting and have relevant tax- and insurance knowledge;
- You have experience with Exact and with MS office packages, in particular Excel;
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or NGO Online is seen as an advantage;
- Good command of the English and Dutch language.
Terre des Hommes is an international charity dedicated to the rights of the child. Terre des Hommes fights worldwide against child abuse, sexual exploitation, child trafficking, child labor and provides emergency aid. To achieve this, Terre des Hommes takes children out of exploitation situations and ensures that these children can develop in a safe environment. Terre des Hommes works closely together with family, the environment and other organizations.
- A job where you can make a difference for children in need;
- An organization with enthusiastic and highly motivated colleagues, everyone likes to contribute to Terre des Hommes from their own discipline;
- An easily accessible office in the middle of bustling The Hague, the city of human rights and (international) politics. Increasing working-from-home facilities;
- Gross salary € 44.000 - € 62.000;
- A benefits package in line with the Dutch charity sector, including a pension scheme, travel and telephone allowance and 25 vacation days;
- Company drinks and social events on one of the nicest squares in The Hague (after corona).