Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you a Financial Controller who can handle responsibilities? Do you want to work in a highly motivated and international environment? Better call Staan! 020 303 8787
The Financial Control Officer reports directly to the Manager Accounting & Internal Control and will have together with 3 colleagues full responsibility and ownership for the company’s reporting and financial control process. We are seeking for an enthusiastic quality driven hands-on can-do mentality individual who brings added value and is able and eager to support enhancing the accounting processes. You have strong communication skills, as you will be a contact person of finance and liaise with many employees throughout the business. You know how to structure and prioritize your work according to deadlines. You are responsible for timely handling a variety of requests relating the general ledger. Besides the daily routines, there is a strong focus on improving/automating processes. You enjoy paying attention to details and assuring every piece of information is correct.
Your main tasks & responsibilities
- Monthly reporting including review of the P&L and Balance Sheet, analysis of fluctuations compared to forecast and support in reporting to Group Finance.
- Draws up ad-hoc reports requested for analyzes at central level, business unit and service lines.
- Manages the external/internal audit processes by gathering and help preparing all supporting documentation requested.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual accounts and the management of underlying processes for Intertrust Netherlands and its subsidiaries.
- (Co-) responsible for the consolidation and elimination of the intercompany positions in the financial statements.
- (Co-) responsible for the coordination of the various administrations (balance sheet items and profit and loss accounts).
- Support in periodic End Close process (Month, Quarter & Year).
- Update and maintain files and supporting documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Reviews proper allocation of costs to the various cost centers and monitors the actual performance against budget/forecast.
- Collects, monitors and analyses relevant financial relevant data from the Business Units.
- Support specific Finance functional improvement projects, one of which is the setup of a new project cost controlling.
- Supports in preparing tax returns (VAT and CIT) for Intertrust Netherlands wide together with the Tax department.
- Advises on the basis of generated information from internal and external developments (for example changes in legislation and regulations) and trends in relevant tax issues for Intertrust Netherlands.
- Has contact with tax advisors.
- Performing control of the AO / IC concerning the financial administration.
- Advises and supports in the development and implementation of new AO / IC, testing existing AO / IC in such a way that this Intertrust Netherlands wide is applied unequivocally and transparently.
- Is responsible for keeping specifications and sub-administrations up-to-date at all times in order to be accountable for the reliability of reports.
- Advises on the basis of generated information from analyzes with regard to relevant internal and external developments (for example changes in laws and regulations) and trends.
Academic thinking and working level;
Relevant education and expertise in accounting and tax matters;
Knowledge of AO / IC;
MS office with Excel knowledge;
At least 5 years of relevant work experience;
Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. VAT & Basic IFRS knowledge);
Fluent in both English & Dutch;
ViewPoint knowledge is an advantage.
Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. Intertrust works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices. Intertrust’s clients include:
- 70% of the Top 10 of the Fortune Global 500
- 52% of the Top 50 of the Fortune Global 500
- 88% of the Top 50 of the Private Equity International 300
Today, Intertrust has 2,500 specialists working from 39 offices in 28 countries, including the world’s most important financial centres. For the Netherlands office located in Amsterdam we are looking for a Financial Control Officer. Together with 15 colleagues you will be part of the Finance & Control department for the Dutch organisation. The Finance & Control team consists of three teams: Working Capital, Financial Accounting and Business Control. You will work in the Financial Accounting team.
Up to €70.000 a year;
Great secondary benefits.