With a headcount of already 90+ people across the company (Brazil and the Netherlands) and still growing the tech & product team in Amsterdam, therefor Chama would like to add a Financial and Business Analyst to the team with a solid background in finance and accounting who will help us professionalize the organisation and provide insightful analysis of current business trends and financial metrics along with recommendations for improvements.
To anticipate on further growth of the company we are looking for a Financial and Business Analyst who is analytically strong, has a solid financial background and is able to work in a fast paced technology scale-up environment. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact on the performance of a commercial business whilst playing a key role to professionalize the financial control over the organisation. The Finance Analyst will report to the Finance Manager NL, Michael Kruzinga, and will work closely together with the CFO, Head of Finance BR and the B.I. team. The broad scope of work that the Finance Analyst will assist with serves as a great lead up to a Finance Manager role. As such, a likely next step for the Finance Analyst would be to become Finance Manager for one of the (new) markets. Main responsibilities:
- Budgeting and year plan development, controlling the organization in Brazil, global cash flow analysis and forecasts, monthly reports to the investor.
- Coordination of back-office(administration).
- Responsibility for closings, financial reports and annual statements;
- To create valuable insights and answer information needs the Financial Analyst will work together with the BI team on creating dashboards that combine operational and financial data.
- Considering that Chama is a scale-up, a hands-on mentality is key for all team members and many projects run at the same time. For example, the Finance Analyst will also help with ad hoc financial business cases for new app feature developments/market offerings and projects such as ERP implementations or setting up the administration for WBSO. You would get all the freedom to make an impact within the company and on the product.
"Working for a scale-up is not for everyone. On the one hand, there's a high level of unpredictability, a lot of processes that still need to be established and very little time. On the other hand, we've got huge budgets and a very professional investor with high expectations. It's a balancing act and a unique learning experience. And when your hard work starts to pay off, the career opportunities are tremendous." - Ivo Verlinden, CFO
With a lot of growth ahead, we want the best person for the position. Therefore we ask from you: EXPERIENCE
Relevant academic degree (such as Business Economics or Accountancy)
Solid background in Finance or Accounting (4-5 years) COMPETENCIES
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
Ability to communicate in Dutch is an advantage, not a requirement;
Can create clarity and predictability from ambiguity;
Developed analytical skills;
Attention for detail. PERSONALITY
Comfortable in an agile environment.
Confidential and reliable.
In Brazil, and many other countries for that matter, 90% of the population uses gas cylinders to provide their homes with gas for cooking family dinners. However, these gas cylinders need to be replaced every few weeks. The old world distribution model is currently leading but Chama provides an alternative solution in the form of a mobile platform from which Brazilians can choose their preferred dealer based on price, quality or ETA.
A competitive salary;
At least once a year - 2 weeks - in the Brazilian office. To work, meet colleagues and have fun!
A bonus, based on personal- and team targets;
25 days paid leave (we don’t count the trips to Brazil of course);
A position in a really nice office in the Jordaan, Amsterdam;
Growth within a booming company;
500 euro gadget budget;
Phone & laptop of your preference;