Do you like to contribute to the change in fast changing Global Environment. This could be your next job......
As Financial Analyst within AkzoNobel you will work in an international leading and fast changing environment. The Financial Analyst will be part of high-performance Global Finance Team and is a trustworthy counterpart for the business. You will report directly to the Head of Functional Control and work closely with different global stakeholders internally in the different geographical regions. The Financial Analyst supports all of AkzoNobel’s global led functions such as Information Management, Global Business Services, Finance, HR etc. You will be supporting the senior controllers in a variety of activities such as periodic results analyses, budgeting & forecasting and developing driver- & activity based cost models which result in transparent and effective cost-allocation models world-wide across BU’s. Within AkzoNobel, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to make a (international) career. The ideal candidate has a Master degree in Business Economics combined with around 5 years of relevant working experience. You do have the right drive and ambition to make a career within AkzoNobel. Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform month end closing activities in line with IFRS and additional internal accounting policies, assuring accurate and timely recognition of costs together with the regional accounting centers, analyzing differences and translate these into risks and opportunities going forward;
- Prepare budgets and forecast together with all Functional stakeholders, you report back on financial performance compared to target based on (trend) analyses of key performance indicators, develop models to provide more accurate forecasts;
- Support in developing global cost allocation methods towards the different BU’s in the company, build models to support the allocation keys and create transparency for the BU’s in understanding their share in corporate cost;
- Assess strategic and operational initiatives on their added value by preparing business cases and track the performance of these initiatives in to actual financial results, for example on strategic topics like in- vs. outsourcing of activities;
- Contribute to the Global Functions control teams by supporting global transformations projects driven by Finance or the global function you are supporting;
- As such, this is an interesting role for an ambitious professional who sees it as an opportunity to become an all-round Finance professional within AkzoNobel. It also requires you to be an excellent communicator, able to work with people from different parts of the organization.
AkzoNobel is looking for self-starting, hands-on team players. You are able to build connections at every level in this international organization and become a trusted financial business partner. You have acquired strong analytical skills and you are curious, eager to learn and constantly searching for simplicity and improvements.
Master’s degree in Business Economics or an equivalent analytical study;
Around 5 years of working experience preferably in FP&A or controlling;
Accurate, organized and disciplined in order to achieve high quality output and meet strict deadlines;
Excellent Excel skills, able to reduce complex and/or large volumes of data to a readable high level information;
SAP and HFM experience are an advantage;
Strong communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and spoken English.
AkzoNobel AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people’s lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are present around the globe, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Flexa, Sikkens and Alabastine. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Salary: €60.000 - €70.000