For our client we are looking for a Director Corporate Accounting & Reporting with Big 4 background and has a leading role in an international operating or stock listed company.
- Responsible for the End of Month Financial closing processes including the full consolidation of subsidiaries, branch activities;
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets, forecasts and variance reports for the business including Management Reports;
- Prepare supporting documentation and analyses related to the aforementioned to support the sub-group as well as external auditors;
- Support preparation of financial and management reporting to Global HQ and the subgroup Management team on a monthly basis;
- Support preparation of sub-group statutory Financial Statements in conformity with EU-IFRS;
- Ensure quality, consistency and integrity of the sub-group consolidation and external reports;
- Deliver best of the class (consolidated) financial statements for the sub-group, timely and accurately in accordance with EU-IFRS;
- Produces world class accurate EU-IFRS compliant information for external reporting including all financial statements & other disclosures for quarterly press releases & annual report;
- Substantiate sound accounting judgment for the resolution of accounting issues through position papers;
- Sparring partner for internal departments like CFO, M&A, Business Finance, regional/local Finance teams, Investor Relations and more;
- Functionally own the consolidation and related systems / processes;
- Foster the continuous development of the (sub) groups accounting manual;
- Drive EU-IFRS knowledge sharing across the group;
- Liaises with local CFO’s, Controllers, Treasury, Tax and other departments to ensure guidelines, policies and instructions are met;
- Monitors new regulatory developments in financial reporting for listed companies and adapt these developments into accounting policies;
- Follows up on accounting matters as part of the period end closing and align conclusions with external auditor;
- Sets up a relevant succession pipeline in the team ensuring a constant level of excellence;
- Provides project support (acquisitions, liquidations, etc.);
- Liaise with auditors during the preparations of annual report and interim reviews;
- Prepare Audit Committee meetings.
- Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, preferably with a post master degree (Registered Accountant, (F)ACCA, CPA or equivalent);
- 12+ years of experience in a big-four auditing company, later within an international operating company or division of a listed corporation;
- In-depth knowledge and broad experience of international accounting standards and active interest in new developments in this area;
- Progressive experience in financial consolidation, reporting, analysis and internal control.
- Continuously learns, improves and develops him/herself;
- Knowledge and experience in SAP/BPC;
- Advanced technical skills in Excel and Power-point is a plus;
- Takes ownership and is self-starter;
- Hands-on, getting things done mentality;
- Enjoys problem solving and working under pressure;
- Excellent communicator and excellent business acumen;
- Excellent leadership / communication skills / stakeholder management;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, as it is the work language.
Our client is a world leading producer of the energy and chemicals that drive global commerce and enhance the daily lives of people around the globe.
- Salary: €120.000 - €140.000