For AkzoNobel we are looking for a seasoned Country Controller to join their Management Team for Decorative Paints division France. In this position you will work for 3 days in France (just north of Paris).
Functie omschrijvingThe Country Controller will be part of the largest and most complex Marketing Sales Unit (MSU) in AkzoNobel, MSU France in the BU Decorative Paints EMEA. In this position you will be part of the MSU Management Team and report to the Head Commercial Finance of AkzoNobel and acts as a senior business partner towards the Managing Director and Management Team of the MSU. You will be responsible to drive the business and financial objectives, interacting daily with the team (4 direct reports and supported by 25 financials in the SSC).
As Country Controller you will Co-formulate a winning strategy, challenge, negotiate and translate into meaningful financial outcome in line with the AkzoNobel standards. You will translate 5 year strategy into regional / Marketing & Sales Unit operating plan, yearly budget and targets.
There are multiple routes to market in the Marketing & Sales Unit: (1) Retail, including E-Commerce & Export, (2) Professional, including 140 owned stores, 100 Independent Wholesalers and a Franchise Network. The MSU France has a revenue of approximately €300 million.
The French Deco business has started a strategic transformation journey in 2018, with first milestones delivered in 2020. In this position you will have a large responsibility in the continuation of this transformation.
- Portfolio management - how to play against competition to win, support complexity reduction, align external business developments with own business plan;
- Change leadership is needed. This is essential before, during and after a Fast-Forward-Finance transition;
- Inspiring the Finance team members about our Fast-Forward Finance transformation, as well as non-Finance stakeholders;
- Contribute to the MSU and functional strategic plan as a member of the MSU management team. Be the financial “conscience’ actively involved in development of business objectives and lead key development projects;
- Develop plans: realize, control, report and optimize the financial strategies, policies and processes for the MSU. This in line with corporate guidelines, French laws and regulations, functional standards, best practices and business/company strategy, in order to contribute to the business strategy and decision-making;
- Main performance KPI's include: Revenue, Contribution Margin, Operating Expenses and Commercial Result. Also, on Balance sheet: Stores inventory, Accounts receivable (including managing ageing);
- Oversee and direct the financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting efforts including capital, short- and long-term planning, financial modeling and business analysis of performance metrics for the MSU;
- Be the key driver and linking point for all M&A activities (pipeline priority setting, business case, create synergy, write AR, coordinate approval process, Due Diligence, Integration);
- Validate and challenge business cases (for NPI’s, restructuring, investments etc) in close cooperation with sales, marketing, FP&A, ISC, accounting, Tax, Treasury and other stakeholders inside and outside the MSU;
- Drive monthly performance, formulate and actively drive OPI growth, risks and opportunities and closing the gap actions highlighted in the IBP cycle;
- Overall responsible for the Regional Profit and Loss and OCF delivery (including OWC): Understand all parts of the P&L, ensure channel profitability through pricing and mix / rebates and Identify leakages in revenue;
- Actively challenge Pricing/Revenue Management and lead Cost control initiatives in order to improve margins in light of (raw material) cost and developments as well as market position and drive Productivity, Opex management;
- Margin Management focus, ensuring the selling prices are increasing in a timely manner to offset raw material price headwinds;
- Drive Productivity, and especially complexity reduction for all finance processes and reporting;
- Strong Opex management & contingency planning to offset headwinds in Revenue or contribution margin;
- Benchmark and challenge performance versus competition and/or other MSUs.
- Master’s degree in economics, accounting or equivalent and at least 12+ years of relevant of finance experience gained in a global environment;
- Experience in an industry going through transformation, Preferably from B2B and B2C industrial or FMCG. Preferred experience in retail network with large footprint;
- Finance transformation experience, you have developed and led finance transformation projects (i.e. large cost restructurings or performance management improvement programs);
- Strong in stakeholder management to manage the matrix organization around the MSU;
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of French (or have the willingness to learn), both verbal as well as in writing;
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong leadership capabilities and you are sensitive to cultural differences, independent, self-starting with a good business sense;
- Able to communicate effectively with all the levels in the organization, including the most senior stakeholders (strengths to challenge local MT members in order to achieve financial targets on short as well as on longer term);
- Excellent analytical skills (interested in what is behind the numbers) and able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Knowing how to manage virtual teams, offsite cross pillar collaboration, to monitor performance, ensure we are addressing cross pillar performance gaps in a non-emotional/non-blaming way, celebrating successes.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
- Base salary €100.000 - €120.000;
- STI (Bonus) 15% per year;