For our client CBRE Global Investment Administrations we are looking for an Assistant Controller – Accounting Policy & Reporting. Do you have at least at least 2 years of relevant experience and do you want to work for a global leader in Real Estate Investment? Please apply via the vacancy below!
We are looking for an Assistant Controller – Accounting Policy & Reporting. You will be working in an ambitious and growing environment. In this role, you will be assisting the Senior Controller in developing and implementing the administration and reporting of real estate funds in compliance with regulatory standards, preparation of accounting and reporting guidelines, providing guidance to the fund teams concerning financial reporting issues and onboarding new clients and/or products.
Within CBRE GIA, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to further improve and professionalize various processes within the company.
- Assist in giving advice to and cooperate closely with the Fund Accounting Services department regarding the reporting structure and regulatory aspects of (new) fund reporting;
- Keep track of new (inter)national legislation developments with regard to financial reporting as well as of financial reporting obligations relating to, for instance, Dutch GAAP, IFRS, INREV, GIPS and US GAAP;
- Draft of an EMEA Accounting Manual or Memos to be used by teams and (if relevant) provided to clients;
- Onboard new clients and/or products on the Fund Accounting platform and operate as the single point of contact for these clients/products;
- Assist in providing guidance to the fund teams concerning financial reporting issues of new and existing funds;
- Assist in designing and implementation of fund consolidation and investor reporting methods for the fund teams in alignment with the IFRS and other legislation;
- Provide input for training of technical accounting to individuals;
- Assist in the coordination of the reporting process across various functions, funds and geographies to ensure timely and well organized completion of reporting process.
Bachelor/Master degree in business administration, accounting or an equivalent;
Chartered Accountant designation strongly preferred;
Experience in accounting for Real Estate funds or Holding Companies;
Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred;
Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, such as Dutch GAAP, IFRS, INREV, GIPS and US GAAP;
Strong analytical skills and well-developed judgement;
Pragmatic and solution-oriented attitude;
Excellent Dutch and English verbal and written communication skill.
CBRE, being the largest commercial real estate company in the world, is comprised of several business lines including leasing services, capital markets, valuations & advisory services, and property management; with regional and global capabilities in all major markets around the globe. Within property management, is our CBRE Investment Accounting & Reporting Solutions group, which is comprised of two subdepartments, CBRE Global Investment Administration being the group that provides investor clients with fund accounting, reporting and administration.
In EMEA, CBRE Global Investment Administration provides Global and Pan-European coordination for clients providing Fund & SPV Accounting, Investor Reporting and Performance Measurement services to real estate investment-companies, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors in key financial markets.
Our team of professionals offer unmatched dedication to real estate. We serve only real estate and have a history of successfully serving all real estate asset classes; including simple to complex investment structures.
We have dedicated fund and investor reporting teams in 18 countries, while also being a part of our global accounting and reporting operating platform with presence in an additional 41 countries for property accounting services to provide completely integrated services.
Salary: €50.000 - €55.000,-;
Great secondary benefits.