Are you ready for your next challenge within Accounting? Do you want to work in an international environment with the broad responsibility for your own country? Then this role as Accountant at ZOLA Electric suits you.
ZOLA Electric is a fast-growing start-up and they are looking for an Accountant. In this role you take your Finance career to the next step and you will learn more every day. Therefore, you need to challenge yourself and be eager to learn on the spot. Thereby you can broaden your role with the responsibility of fixed assets and intercompany settlements.
ZOLA Electric gives you the opportunity to develop yourself broadly within Finance. Essentially you are responsible for the accounting of a country where ZOLA Electric operates. Furthermore, you take the initiative to solve problems you run into or improvements you can make. You will work directly with the Manager Group Accounting.
- Manage AP, correspond with suppliers and respond to inquiries;
- Maintain vendor master data in the system;
- Assist in preparing documentation for auditors;
- Review accounting entries for expenses report and adjust the general ledger account if needed;
- Process cash journals relating to bank transactions and perform checks with the local team regarding cash transactions;
- Reconcile the bank accounts with detailed comment on the status of reconciling items;
- Intercompany settlement and reconciliations;
- Investigate on the variances and action on the outstanding items;
- Prepare month end accounting journals including prepayment release, reclasses, cross charge entries, etc.
2-3 years of practical experience;
You work independently and are clear in your communication;
You are enthusiast to work in a growing organisation;
Good knowledge of Excel;
A higher education within finance (BSc or MSc);
Fluent in English;
A proactive work attitude.
ZOLA Electric is a growth-stage start-up that is on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy. At the heart of the business are innovative solutions that delight their customers. ZOLA Electric combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid.
In the office located next to Leidseplein in the city centre of Amsterdam, ZOLA Electric works with multiple nationalities, which gives you the opportunity to learn and work with colleagues with different cultures within an international start-up company. The organization culture can be described as eager, innovative and willing to work for a purpose to put our product and customers first.
ZOLA Electric offers you a challenging and international work environment and furthermore:
€ 40.000 - 45.000,-
The possibility to work from home;
Flexibility in working hours;
Excellent career growth opportunities;
Participation in a pension plan;