Do you want to be part of the most rapidly growing Fitness chain in Europe? Do you have a Can-D0 mentality and an ambitious mindset? Then this might be the job for you!
As Manager Risk & Control, your challenge is to support all management teams and business units of Basic-Fit and to bring the risk and internal control environment to the next level. You will work closely with the Finance team and Internal Audit and will report to the Director Finance. The ideal candidate is 100% action-oriented, down to earth, always friendly and has an open personality.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Create risk awareness and control mindset at all levels in the company;
- Support and challenge management in risk management, including strategic risk assessment with the Board (Enterprise Risk Management) and risk assessments on specific projects;
- Set and implement the Internal Control strategy to improve the risk & control environment; and deploy Basic-Fit Internal Control Framework to all functions and local offices;
- Initiate recommendations or improvement projects in business processes & controls. With your stakeholder management skills, you ensure management supports the improvements and mitigating actions are implemented;
- Participate in the Internal Audit team to understand business issues and internal control challenges.
You have a master’s degree in in Accounting and Finance or related field with such as Registered
Certifications like RA, CPA, ACCA, RE or equivalents are an advantage;
You are a decisive person, you have a hands-on mentality and like to work with different people, background and cultures;
You have between 5-7 years of relevant working experience, in Financial Audit, Internal Audit, Internal Control or Risk Management
You have a strong affinity with Information Technology and experience with IT internal control;
You have excellent communications skills and are fluent in English both written and verbal;
You are able to establish and maintain strong relations with company management and external business partners both national and internationally;
You will bring your engaging personality in managing stakeholders from all levels of the organization - internally and externally;
You like innovations and know how to implement latest trends and tools in Risk Management and Internal Control;
You have the capability to see the bigger picture and anticipate impact of changes and events, without losing important details;
Basic-Fit is a young, dynamic and rapidly growing organization with a clear mission. They believe that sports should be affordable and accessible so that everyone who wants to get fit, can get fit.
Largest fitness chain in Europe The Dutch company Basic-Fit started out as a handful of clubs of some sports friends and has grown explosively in recent years, not only in the Netherlands but also abroad. There are now more than 586 Basic-Fit clubs in five European countries. With 157 fitness clubs in their own country, they are even the largest fitness chain in the Netherlands! Outside the Netherlands they have clubs in Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. Basic-Fit is growing fast. In 2015 they had 1,000,000. In 2016 they became listed and a new direction was taken. And the end is not yet in sight!
Further growth The goal is to further professionalize and grow in the coming years. Therefore enthusiastic and driven people are needed to help us achieve the goals. There are so many new and beautiful ideas, but without the right people they can't be realized.
Conditions of employment
Salary from €50.000 - €70.000;
Phone and laptop;
Excellent other secondary benefits and of course a membership pass for all clubs.