Do you want to leave the Big4? As an Accounting Specialist within IKEA Group Services you will work and develop yourself within one of the most challenging retail companies worldwide. Would you like to join this fantastic company? Please read the profile below!
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us. Within the Accounting & Reporting Team of the IKEA Group (located in Leiden) we are recruiting for an Accounting Specialist. As Accounting Specialist, you will: Develop, maintain and support the implementation of the Accounting & Reporting Framework and document the Accounting & Reporting Framework to support compliance of the framework by A&R managers in the countries and other stakeholders. Accounting & Reporting is a Finance function which aims to provide timely, accurate, complete, relevant, comparable and understandable financial information. Financial information is derived through several sub-processes: Procure 2 Pay (P2P), Order 2 Cash (O2C), and Record 2 Report (R2R) which form an overall finance process “Perform and Report Financial Activities”. Your main assignments will be:
- Develop the Accounting & Reporting Framework for all IKEA Group companies
- Develop expertise on the Accounting & Reporting Framework and support projects, line organization and other stakeholders
- Writing Common Accounting Rules & Recommendations (CARR) and support on writing working methods on the specific sub-process
- Awareness and general knowledge on all CARR (Accounting Framework level)
- Create a network and relationship based on trust with relevant stakeholders
- Communicate main updates and priorities to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the Accounting & Reporting Framework requirements are delivered to the Process Developer and other stakeholders in order to achieve compliance to the A&R framework in the process
- Support the Process Developer in the development for tools and methods, to ensure compliance to the Accounting & Reporting Framework in the tools and working methods.
The position is based in Leiden and you will report to the Accounting Manager IKEA Group.
You have a degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or other relevant knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP, IFRS), internal controls, financial reporting and tax laws and regulations
5-6 years of increasing responsibility within accounting and/or auditing experience in a similar or larger organisation
You have solid broad business knowledge and cross-functional understanding of how IKEA operates and of the set-up of the Accounting process and Framework in IKEA
You are self-motivated, able to prioritise and take initiative towards set objectives
You are able to connect developments in different parts of the business to your work and the consolidated numbers
You have the ability to create clarity, and strong analytical skills combined in having both a holistic view and an eye for details.
This role demands a good understanding of our culture, ways of working and you are a real communicator.
The IKEA Group Functions are responsible for their specific competence (matrix) area, which has the assignment to lead the development of IKEA directions and strategies of that area, to develop frameworks, processes and thereby secure execution in the business. To the IKEA Group Function Business Navigation & Finance belongs; Business Navigation, Accounting & Reporting, Processes Perform & Report Financial Activities and Optimise Business Performance and the Group Shared Services.
Conditions of employment
€ 60.000 - € 65.000